Wednesday 15 August 2012

Can you put up with more French lacy fabbiness?

It is Wednesday again ( goodness me, where have the days gone? ), and for this week's WHITE WEDNESDAY post I have, what else, more lace. I promise I will show you some completely different whiteness next Wednesday ;-). But back to the lace, and millinery flowers, and other assorted white loveliness -

The first gorgeous vintage millinery flowers I have ever found, they are so very rare over here ( both in the UK and France, it seems ) -


Newer sweet little blossoms, great for collages etc -

More mother-of-pearl buttons and beads-

The tiniest little cotton gloves I have ever found, I can barely get two fingers in -

And on to the lace. These are really deep, beautiful pieces of lace in such delicate shades -





I was thrilled to find these two, still wrapped with paper ribbons, and one still with the original PARIS labels! -


Two slightly different designs, as you can probably see in the photo, and so incredibly fine.


These two are not as light as the others, they have a deeper, more yellowy beige colour- 


This is a gorgeous little doily, made from the finest lace, I think it is stunning-

One of the more common thicker cotton laces -

These big pieces of embroidery on linen, either with floral or animal scenes, were usually made into large cushions. I have a couple of them, and they look stunning, as the embroidered linen is normally laid over dark velvet. The contrast really is beautiful -


I am linking this post to WHITE WEDNESDAY No. 165, hosted by Kathleen on the wonderful FADED CHARM COTTAGE blog. I can get stuck there for hours, lol, there are so many links to fabulous white treasures.

Lots of brocante finds to show you tomorrow! Until then, toodlepip xxx

13 comments:

Rhonda said...

Ooh, Liz, I can't stand it...too pretty for moi! That small round Paris label is to die for. All of it is, actually. Pretty things have a way of coming to you.

We love you for sharing with us all.

Bente said...

Beautiful photos and gorgeous lace.

morkaren said...

Sikken et dejligt syn, jeg elsker også blonder, på min blog kan du se hvad jeg fandt i en genbrugs butik, meget lækkert, ja jeg syntes noget af det ligner det du har her, og dine knapper/perler er vidunderlige. knus morkaren.

Queenie Believe said...

A girl can NEVER have too much lace!!! :o)
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Liz, I can very well put up with more French lacy fabbiness but I'm not so sure if my keyboard can, since I'm drooling all over it again, lol. You've found such fantastic pieces of lace, sigh. Each one is gorgeous. I also love those tiny gloves. How cute! The millinery flowers are wonderful too. I never was lucky to find any in Germany. They seem to be really rare.
Have a great day, dear friend :-)!
Big hugs,
Julia

JansArtyJunk said...

I've Oooohed and Arrred throughout this post Liz!!...so much eye candy!! Jan x

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

You have me drooling again,dear Liz:)Love it all.Happy WW.
Hugs,
Marie

Catje said...

Wow! Really, really beautiful. do you ever manage to use some of it? I would imagine cutting into these lovely ribbons must hurt! :)

Dorthe said...

Dear Liz, this is pure beauty from your French world.
OH the millinery flowers are so lovely, we almost also never finds them here.
And all those amazing old laces and the doilie,and embroidered birds piece -they understood beauty back then,didn`t they?
You have been so lucky again sweet friend-
Happy thursday to you in your French heaven, here we started with warm weather again :-)
Love and hugs from me.
Dorthe

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello my dear Liz
I can't tell you how exquisite the lace looks when photographed. Such beautiful pieces - all of them! They are so fine those netted ones!
Love the embroidered linen with the birds - Wow! I can just see them overlayed on velvet cushions too!
Sweet little milinary too!
Lots of oooohing and arrrrhing coming from here - can you hear it?
Sending you big frosty hugs sweetie,
Suzy x

Alexandra said...

Soooo schöne Bilder und die Spitze ist echt ein Traum!!

Mom E. said...

I LOVE the MOP buttons! I wish I could find them in bags like that. The laces are absolutely gorgeous! How do you spell "Salivate"? is that correct? Well I am doing it! LOL
TAke care,
Lanette

Lynn Stevens said...

GASP!!!!!! Stunning finds!!!